ISO 14001 Environmental Management Consulting
Understanding the Significance of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System for Businesses
Controlling the environmental impacts of businesses is the key to ensuring the business remains competitive and continues to hold the leading edge. The international standard for an Environmental Management System, ISO 14000, was first established in 1996 to help businesses control their environmental impacts effectively and efficiently to be able to maximize profits, boost their return on investment (ROI), and reputation. The ISO 14000 standard and was based on ISO 9001, the Quality Management System Standard. ISO 14001 is a member of ISO 14000 family. The most recent version of ISO 14001 is ISO 14001:2015. Companies that are certified to ISO 14001:2004 will have until their surveillance or certification audit in 2018 to show conformance to the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Why ISO 14001 Certificate is Important for Your Business
ISO 14001 was designed to help businesses reduce their negative impacts on the environment as a result of their operation or production by giving the organization a framework for improving their processes. This certification exhibits the level of commitment your company has to social responsibility and helps:
- Reduce Negative Impact,
- Improve Processes, and,
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
The ISO 14001 standard guides organizations to define an environmental policy and to design a system for continual improvement of the business processes as they relate to environmental aspects.
What are the ISO 14001 Certification Requirements?
Requirements of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) are quite similar to ISO 9001 and include:
- Defining an environmental policy and objectives of the EMS,
- Creating and implementing a process for identifying and reviewing environmental aspects,
- Process for review and ability to show compliance with all legal and other requirements,
- Defining, streamlining and documenting of all core processesnecessary to show conformance to the standard,
- Communicating the policy and objectives of the EMS throughout the organization,
- Tracking and documenting the performance of the ISO 14001 environmental management system, and,
- Implementing a process for corrective action and auditing procedures to ensure continual improvement.
Benefits of getting ISO 14001 certified
- Reducing environmental impacts;
- Increased competitiveness;
- Improving the image of the organization;
- Reducing costs by implementing preventive measures; and,
- Improved preparedness and compliance during regulatory agency audits.
How GlenView Group Can Help You Obtain ISO 14001 Certification?
GlenView Group employs a team of adept and qualified ISO 14001 consultants who will help you understand the need of ISO 14001 certification for your organization along with guiding you step by step in obtaining and maintaining certification.