ISO 50001 Energy Management System Certification Consulting
Understanding ISO 50001
Curbing energy use is pivotal to combating the rising costs and shortage of energy. By doing this, organizations can comply with the GHG (Green House Gas) legislation and send a positive message of social responsibility. The organization can show that is concerned about the fast depleting sources of energy and that the organization understands that energy conservation is necessary for a better and safer environment and future on Earth. ISO 50001 (a standard designed for energy management system) embodies latest international practices in the arena of energy management, resting on the existing regional and national standards & initiatives.
ISO 50001 is designed with the goal to enable companies to:
- Make better use of their energy consuming assets,
- Evaluate & prioritize energy-efficient technology implementation, and,
- Encourage energy efficiency throughout the supply-chain.
Why Your Organization Needs an ISO 50001 Certification?
If your organization, irrespective of its size, geographical location, or sector, operates in an “energy-extensive” environment or if the organization is facing GHG emissions regulation or legislation, ISO 50001 certification is highly recommended. Being independently certified to ISO 50001 will assure your stakeholders that your organization works in compliance with the best practices in Energy Management.
ISO 50001 Certification Requirements include:
- Securing top management’s support,
- Collecting, tracking, and analyzing energy data,
- Identifying the key energy uses and establishing a baseline,
- Identifying and prioritizing energy saving opportunities, and,
- Get certified under a third-party for:
- Improving your energy performance, and,
- Conforming to the ISO 50001 management standard.
Benefits of getting ISO 50001 certified
- Reduced energy-related operational costs;
- Reduced GHG emissions;
- Demonstration of the ultimate commitment to sustainability;
- Enhanced energy efficiency through better utilization of existing energy dependent assets;
- Guidance on benchmarking/measuring/documenting/reporting energy intensity improvements;
- Assist organizations in evaluation and prioritization of new energy efficient technologies’ implementation;
- Reduced overhead and operational costs leading to increased profitability;
- Assurance of internal and legal compliance;
- Identification of variables that affect energy use and its consumption within an organization; and,
- Improved understanding of use and consumption of energy through defined methods and data collection processes.
Contact GlenView Group, Inc. qualified consultants to obtain help with ISO 50001 certification for your organization.