AS 9100C Aviation Quality Management System Consulting
Understanding the AS 9100 Rev C
AS 9100 is a Quality Management System specially designed for the aerospace industry that was first designed in the late 1990s. AS 9100 and AS 9000 certifications are based on the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, however the AS standards include supplementary requirements for quality and safety. AS 9100 Revision C is the latest update of the standard and it includes requirements for risk management. In the aerospace industry, AS 9100 certification has become a condition for doing business.
Why Your Organization Needs an AS 9100 certification?
The AS 9100 standard is designed for organizations that cater to space, defense, and aviation industries. The standard can be applied across the Supply Chain. It is intended that AS 9100 be used by the organizations involved in designing, development, and production of space, defense, and aviation products, as well as the organizations that offer post delivery support. The standard covers those offering maintenance, spare parts, or material made of their own products.
AS 9100 Rev C Certification Requirements
AS 9100 certification includes conformance tothe ISO 9001 standard as well as additional requirements for quality, safety, and risk management as it pertains to the aerospace industry. AS 9100 certification requirements include:
- Defining a policy and objectives of the quality management system;
- Defining, streamlining, and documenting all of the core processes including configuration management, risk management, design and product realization processes;
- Control and evaluation of suppliers;
- Communicating the policy and objectives of the QMS throughout the organization;
- Measuring the quality of the product quality and management system; and,
- Implementing corrective action and auditing procedures to ensure continual improvement.
Benefits of getting AS 9100 Rev C certified
- Boosted revenue and competitiveness;
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness;
- Continual quality of product and service;
- Improved supplier performance and customer satisfaction; and,
- Improved employee commitment.