What is TL 9000?
TL 9000 is a quality management system (QMS) standard designed by the QuEST Forum in 1998 to enhance quality management practices across the telecommunications sector. It defines a set of performance-based measurement to evaluate the result of QMS implementation. It provides benchmarking data to participating companies against a set of defined measurements.
TL 9000 Certification Requirements
TL 9000encompasses all requirements of ISO 9001, such as the organizations need to define a quality policy and a scope of the QMS in order to design a system for continual improvement of the business processes. TL 9000 certification requirements include:
- defining a policy and objectives of the quality management system,
- defining, streamlining and documenting of all core processes that are necessary to show conformity to the standard,
- communicating the policy and objectives of the QMS throughout the organization,
- measuring the quality of the product quality and management system,
- implementing a corrective action and auditing process to ensure continual improvement,
- Add-on requirements applicable to the telecom industry, and
- Requirements for collection of metrics and reporting of metrics to a central repository.
Benefits of Getting TL 9000 Certified
- Through benchmarking with measurements, achieve best practices and industry synergy,
- improved efficiency and effectiveness,
- improved product quality and customer satisfaction,
- improved supplier performance,
- increased revenue, and
- improved employee commitment.
TL 9000 Implementation Process
Depending on the size and scope of your organization, setting up & implementing the Quality Management Standard, TL 9000 can take an extended period of time depending on the level of support necessary. Listed below are the steps that our TL 9000 consultants will follow in order to prepare your organization for successful TL 9000 registration:
- Core management team training,
- Manual preparation – define scope, policy and interaction of business processes,
- Draft core processes necessary to show conformance to the standard,
- Draft supporting procedures needed to support your processes,
- Ensure that all necessary records are identified, created, and implemented,
- Conduct a full system Internal Audit, and
- Assist in conducting first Management Review.
For more information on the QMS and TL 9000 consulting contact the consultants at GlenView Group.