ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) Consulting
Networking technology has revolutionized the waythat businesses operate andthe way that informationis transmitted across various industry verticals and departments within an organization. However,the use of networking technology has introduced a new set of risks that involve the threat to the vital and confidential business data and customer information. Unauthorized access to critical and confidential information or loss of such data can drastically impact an organization. In the worst-case scenario, it may lead to an interruption in business continuity, fraud, damage to reputation, and loss of a strategic advantage among other perils.
Understanding the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) is an international management standard outlining specific management requirements for information security procedures. ISO 27001 guides organizations to define an information security management policy and to design an information security management system for ensuring continual improvement of the business processes.
Why ISO 27001 is Necessary for Your Organization?
Companies implementing ISO 27001 are continuously reviewing information security risks and controls in order to maintain maximum information confidentiality and integrity. Once these requirements are implemented, the organization can proceed with pursuing ISO 27001 certification. If your organization is seeking consulting in order to obtain ISO 27001 certification, you must get in touch with our ISO 27001 consultants. Glenview Group employs experienced consultants possessing a thorough understanding of the certification, its requirements, and all technical aspects of obtaining it.
ISO 27001 Certification Requirements include:
- Defining the scope and policy of the ISO 27001 information security management system;
- Defining, streamlining, and documenting of all core processes to include information risk assessment;
- Disseminating the policy and objectives of the ISO 27001 ISMS throughout the organization;
- Continually assessing the risk, updating your risk treatment plan, and applying metrics to better evaluate your ISO 27001 ISMS and provide records for ISO 27001 certification; and,
- Implementing corrective action and auditing procedures to ensure continual improvement of your ISO 27001 information security management system.
Benefits of getting ISO 27001 certified include:
- Enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of your information security;
- Boosted confidence among customers and trading partners;
- Reduced liabilities; and,
- Improved employee awareness and commitment.