Why is ISO consulting and training separate?
- ISO consulting helps businesses implement a business management system.
- ISO training is an online course for managers, internal auditors, or employees to help them learn a particular ISO standard in order to better maintain their ISO certification.
How long does it take to get ISO certified?
- The size of the organization.
- Consultant availability.
- Cooperation of the organization with the consultant.
- The availability of the Certification Body (CB)* or registrar you select. Usually registrars can schedule a Stage 1 audit within three months. The ISO certification process consists of going through a Stage 1 and Stage 2 audit. The Stage 1 audit is designed to see if your organization has meet all the documentation requirements of the standard, if you do not have any major non-conformities during the Stage 1 audit you will be recommended to proceed to the Stage 2 audit. The Stage 2 is designed to see if your organization has implemented the documentation required by the standard in your organization. The auditor looks for objective evidence, such as records, corrective actions, continual improvement, etc. to ensure the standard is implemented. If you do not have any major non-conformities you will be recommended for certification. There is usually at least 30 days between a Stage 1 and Stage 2 audit.
There are a number of factors that affect the time frame of the ISO certification process. These include the following:
*Consultants are independent of Certification Bodies to ensure objectivity of the certification process. GlenView Group, Inc. is not a certification body; instead, GlenView Group, Inc. specializes in consulting.
What is the difference between a consultant and a Certification Body (CB)?
- Consultants assist businesses in setting up and implementing their business management system.
- Certification Bodies (CB) are certified third party companies that employ qualified auditors to verify the business management systems and are accredited in order to issue ISO certification to companies. To ensure your certificate is accepted worldwide, it is important to ensure your CB is accredited by ANAB, UKAS or equivalent in your country of origin. If you have further questions, contact GlenView Group, Inc.
What is the cost of certification?
- The cost of certification is dependent on the size and complexity of the organization. GlenView Group, Inc. can estimate and provide initial consulting for a set cost; however, additional consulting is billed at an hourly base. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 have a standard hourly rate of $150 per hour while other more specialized standards range between $150-$275 per hour.
What is your geographical coverage area?
- Our headquarters are located in Southern California but our customers are spread throughout the United States. <
What is the difference between lead and internal auditor online training?
- Internal auditor online training covers specific standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS 9100C, etc.)
- Lead auditor online training covers specific standard along with the ISO 19011 standard. ISO 19011 covers the guidelines to be followed when auditing an organization.